Q. My 4 months old pet ate mutton leg soup yesterday at lunc. Yesterday evening onwards he stopped eating and today 3o'clock onwards he started vomiting.

Answered By

A. You didn't say whether this is a cat or a dog, but either way this is concerning. It sounds like your pet has gastroenteritis (inflammation of the stomach and/or intestines) or possibly pancreatitis (inflammation of the pancreas) from eating the mutton soup, which may have been quite high in fat content. If he's been vomiting for 24 hours now he needs veterinary care, so take him in to see your vet right away.

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.