Q. Rodenticine poising what is it

Answered By

A. Rodenticide is usually just a general name for rat posion. They may have different ingredients but are lethal and extremely toxic to ANY-THING that ingests them. They are usually anti-coagulants (cause the animal to bleed to death internally) or Metal phosphides (creates toxic gas as the body reacts to it), and there are some other forms as well. If you think your dog may have gotten into them you need to drive to the vet right now, and call poison control on the way. Try to bring the container with you. It would be an emergency if a dog ingested them

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.