Q. My dog ate my other dogs muscle relaxer pills

Answered By

A. I would recommend taking your dog to the veterinarian as soon as possible. Likely she will be made to throw up, given charcoal to absorb some of the toxins in her stomach, and then have an IV catheter placed to give her fluids to dilute the effects of the medication. If you really want to know how toxic the level is that she ate I would recommend calling the ASPCA pet poison Hotline. They have board-certified toxicologists available that will do a customized analysis of how toxic the dose was that your dog consumed. They charge a consult fee but it is well worth the money. The problem with toxins is the longer you wait the worse it can get so if you're near by a veterinarian I would go in right now

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.