Q. My dog ate a piece of chocolate candy about 1 ounce and she weighs 7 lbs is she going to be okay

Answered By

A. She is likely to develop signs of chocolate intoxication like vomiting, diarrhea, shaking, tremors, racing heart, panting, restlessness. I would strongly advise to to contact your vets and decide if it is not too late to make her sick (if it is less than 4hrs before chocolate ingestion it is still worth to induce vomiting)and to get treatment if necessary.

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.