Q. Last night I left that gum that is pink and rolled in a circle on the couch and in the morning the role cover was on the floor with no gum inside!help

Answered By

A. If the gum was a sugar-free variety it is potentially toxic to pets if ingested. It is best to contact your local vet or Animal Poison Control Center (If in the US you can call (888) 426-4435 however there IS a fee to use this service) with the name and amount of gum potentially ingested. Your vet can then let you know if the gum was toxic, and if your dog will need to be seen for treatment.

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.