Q. 70 lb golden ingested lunesta we think

Answered By

A. If your dog has ingested a toxic substance it is best to seek care from your veterinarian or an ER clinic immediately, especially if you are seeing symptoms. If you are unsure if the ingestion was toxic and are in the US, you may also contact animal poison control at (888) 426-4435 , however there is a fee to use this service. If you are already seeing symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, drooling, pale gums, loss of consciousness or other distressing symptoms, going to your vet immediately is best.

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.