Q. My Boxer is having spine problems. He is prescribed Tramadol, tonight his legs stopped working and moving him gently he is biting. How do I move him?

Answered By

A. You should get a vet to visit him at home, if he has lost the use of his legs and he is in pain unfortunately the prognosis is poor for him. He will not be able to urinate or pass feaces voluntarily. The best diagnostic tool is an MRI but if you start with your vet reassessing him, that is already a good step towards understanding what the future holds for you both.

DISCLAIMER: The answers in Ask petMD are meant to provide entertainment and education. They should not take the place of a vet visit. Please see our Terms and Conditions.


Ask an expert about your unique situation now FOR FREE!

IMPORTANT: The opinions expressed in Ask petMD content area are solely those of the User, who may or may not have medical or scientific training. Our Ask petMD experts include veterinarians, vet techs, veterinary students, pet trainers, pet behaviorists and pet nutritionists. These opinions do not represent the opinions of petMD. User-generated content areas are not reviewed by a petMD veterinarian or any member of the petMD editorial staff for accuracy, balance, objectivity, timeliness, or any other reason except for compliance with our Terms and Conditions. petMD does not endorse any specific product, service, or treatment. Do not consider petMD user-generated content as medical advice. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your veterinarian or other qualified healthcare provider because of something you have read on petMD.