P&G Recalls Eukanuba Dry Dog Food

By Courtney Temple    August 14, 2013 at 05:41PM / (8) comments

P&G has issued a limited voluntary recall for Eukanuba Dry Dog Food  due to possible Salmonella contamination.

The following lot codes are included in this recall:

• 3186 4177
  • 3187 4177
  • 3188 4177
  • 3189 4177
  • 3190 4177
  • 3191 4177
  • 3192 4177
  • 3193 4177
  • 3194 4177
  • 3195 4177

No other cat or dog dry food, cat or dog canned wet food, biscuits/treats, or supplements are affected.

The following is a visual guide, provided by P&G, for reading the lot code on your product:

According to a letter issued by P&G, internal testing determined that several product lots were produced on a line that may have exposed to Salmonella.

If you or your pet had contact with the recalled product, you are advised to watch for symptoms that may develop. Common symptoms associated with Salmonella poisoning include diarrhea, bloody diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, or abdominal pain. If you, your pet, or a family member is experiencing these symptoms, you are urged to contact a medical professional.

At the time of this release, no health issues were reported.

Consumers who purchased a product affected by the Eukanuba dry dog food recall are advised to stop using the pet food and discard it. For more information contact P&G toll-free at 1-800-208-0172 (Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST), or via website at www.eukanuba.com.

Source: P&G

• 08/14/2013 09:13pm

I don't have the bag, so why don't they say if it's puppy, adult, senior lamb and rice ...........so frustrating will just to something more reputable.

• 08/15/2013 02:30am

This was the same thing I was thinking. I guess to be careful I need to throw out the dry and can food I just bought. But then maybe I should take my receipt and copy of this recall back to where I bought it from and ask for my money back.

• 08/15/2013 05:53am

you should be able to get a full refund if the items are the one's on recall.

• 08/15/2013 11:01am

First off they say it's ONLY the dry dog food...no cans are considered. Secondly, it's adult food as shown in the images above. Again, they leave a toll free number you can call if you have any concerns. No need to over-worry as this is a voluntary recall for possible contamination. They are taking the precautions for you by notifying you. Just call and speak with someone there if you are concerned about what kind you have / don't have.

• 08/16/2013 09:48am

Is it just me or shouldn't they have tested the food befor sending it out. Like this happens way to much from pet food company's and the give the same response ever time, "We are sooooo sorry here at ______." Sorry doesn't pay the vet bills that THERE food causes or even worst some cases have been death.

• 08/19/2013 05:41pm

yep, the last time there were animal deaths that made the news it was IAMS.....

• 08/16/2013 03:15pm

My 2 dogs have just about eaten the whole bag and they just keep coming back for more. I'm going to need to buy more food real soon and I hate to start them on something different again. Changing food on puppies all the time isn't good for their stomach's.

• 08/19/2013 05:39pm

please don't use iams or eukanuba, there are MUCH BETTER whole food products out there that aren't made by proctor and gamble (who also do animal testing...) Wellness brand is a really good food I use :)