Adverse Reaction in Dogs to Glow Jewelry
Generally, no treatment is needed for dogs that ingest glow jewelry. However, providing water or food to diminish the taste of the glow stick/jewelry can be useful in alleviating symptoms. Washing the chemical off of your dog’s fur and skin with shampoo and water is recommended also. Taking your pet into a darkened room can help you locate the chemical on your dog’s fur and skin to aid in removal.
The best way to prevent accidental ingestion is to keep glow sticks and glow jewelry out of your dog's reach.
Latest In Dog Nutrition
5 Tips to Keep Your Senior Pet Healthy
Senior pets have different health requirements than a younger dog or cat. Here are...
The Role of Exercise in Pet Weight Loss
Exercise is beneficial for our pets in so many ways. It helps decrease stress, improve...