10 Things You Should Know Before Getting a Dog
6. Make sure you have lots of chew toys available for your puppy and keep all expensive things (like shoes and clothes) out of its reach; the same goes for chemicals and medicines. Puppies like to investigate and try everything, so make sure there is nothing dangerous around for them to sample.
7. Get your dog vaccinated and spayed or neutered as soon as possible. Oh, and take your dog to the vet for its routine checkups. Your dog will thank you for it and live a much better (and longer) life.
8. Get a proper leash and harness for your dog. A leash too small or too large may hurt it inadvertently during its walking routine, or, worse yet, allow it to hurt others or get loose and run away.
9. Health insurance is a must. Consult your veterinarian as to your best options.
10. Regardless of the dog breed you choose, have fun! They say there is no better friend than a dog. We have to agree.
Image: Helga Weber / via Flickr
Share this page
Puppy-Proofing Your Home
Avoid the messes and accidents, and have your home puppy-proofed before it steps...
While adoption is all the rage in Hollywood, pulling a Madonna and adopting a third...
60% (113 votes)
14% (26 votes)
8% (15 votes)
6% (12 votes)
N/A (I do not use tick preventives)
11% (21 votes)
Total votes: 187