Shih Tzu, Mix
An adotable dog in Palo Alto, CA
No. CA: On Saturday,March 8th from 3p-6pm & Sunday, March 9th from 11-4pm we will be at the Stevens Creek Pet Food Express in San Jose. SO CA: We do adoptions by appointment. Please fill out an application if interested in one of our dogs. *Las Vegas: We do adoptions by appointment once we have an approved application. Please send in your application so we can set up to meet you!
* All dogs are spayed or neutered, shots current (DHPPC, Bordatella and Rabies), heartworm tested negative and are microchipped.
* If you are interested in a dog, please first read the biography on the dog (keep scrolling down for the bio!) and then go to our website, www.dpsrescue.com for an application.
* We do not have a facility. All dogs live in foster homes. Arrangements to meet dogs occur after an approved application has been accepted.
* We do not ship our dogs for any reason.
* Our adoption fee is $400 for each dog/puppy.
* If it is on a weekend of our adoptions, follow us on @DPSRescue on Twitter to get real time updates on our adoptions. We will also post at the end of the evening the names of those dogs who have been adopted: www.facebook.com/DPSRescue
This dog will be at the Stevens Creek Pet Food Express in North San Jose on Saturday, March 8th from 3-6pm and Sunday, March 9th from 11-4pm or until adopted. If you are interested and would like the first opportunity to adopt, please fill out an application.
Katniss, Gale & Peeta were all dumped in the backyard of a friend of our rescue. They are approximately 9 months old. They are tiny little ones who will easily fit in a pocket or a purse. They have lived in a foster home with dogs, cats and kids. Obviously due to their size we prefer to place with older children who have experience with dogs (dogs living permanently in the home not just visiting). We will not be placing any of them together. Now it's their time to find their individual homes and get all the loving they've missed out on!
Peeta is a little guy of 5lbs who is full of personality and character. He has a friendly disposition and of course is a total lap dog. He initially is a little reserved with strangers and then wakes right up and becomes so animated. He came in and was a mess of wirehaired mop. He has been groomed. His coat is not necessarily one that is for those who suffer from allergies. It will grow but will not continue to grow like a typical Maltese, making it less shedding as it's longer and soft wire.
Peeta is an option to live in an apartment or condo setting.
A healthy pet is a happy pet! Protect your pet's health with Healthy Paws Pet Insurance and save up to 90% on your vet bills. Visit www.healthypawspetinsurance.com for your free quote (use code DPSRescue for a special discount) and learn how your protected pet helps save more homeless pets!
**Not all of our dogs go to each adoption event. We want to make sure if you are interested in a dog that we have the dog at adoptions but that can only happen if you fill out an application ahead of time and are pre-approved. (Generally this must happen prior to the weekend)
**If you are wanting to submit an application within 24 hours of an event, please print off the application and bring with you as well as submitting it. You may still submit it and if time and volunteers permit, we will contact you. Most applications submitted the weekend of adoptions are not responded to until after the adoption weekend.
Doggie Protective Services
Palo Alto, CA