Hi stranger! Signing up for MypetMD is easy, free and puts the most relevant content at your fingertips.

Get Instant Access To

  • 24/7 alerts for pet-related recalls

  • Your own library of articles, blogs, and favorite pet names

  • Tools designed to keep your pets happy and healthy

or Connect with Facebook

By joining petMD, you agree to the Privacy Policy.

PetMD Seal

Adverse Reaction in Cats to Glow Jewelry





Generally, no treatment is needed for cats that ingest glow jewelry. However, providing water or food to diminish the taste of the glow stick/jewelry can be useful in alleviating symptoms. Washing the chemical off of your cat’s fur and skin with shampoo and water is also recommended. Taking your pet into a darkened room can help you locate the chemical on your cat’s fur and skin to aid in removal.




The best way to prevent accidental ingestion is to keep glow sticks and glow jewelry out of your cat's reach.