If you suspect or have evidence that your cat has ingested chocolate, you should immediately take your cat to be examined by your veterinarian. Keeping your cat cool, calm, and in a quiet place will help to keep the symptoms from escalating too quickly. It is common to induce vomiting quickly after ingestion to prevent the chemicals in the chocolate from being digested, and to control any seizures, should they occur.
Fluids will be given to keep your cat hydrated as its condition improves. To avoid any further problems, it should be fed a bland diet for several days after the incident, so that the digestive system is not compromised by dietary stress.
Because there is no antidote to chocolate toxicity, it is crucial to your cat’s health that you keep chocolate products out of its reach.
An in-depth examination of the properties of urine; used to determine the presence or absence of illness
The amount of pressure applied by the blood on the arteries.
Any substance used to combat the effects of certain poisons.