Regenerative Anemia in Cats
Regenerative anemia occurs when the body loses blood faster than it can be regenerated, despite the fact that red blood cells are being produced in the bone marrow.
Symptoms and Types
- Pale gums
- Pale eyes and ears
- Rapid heart beat
- Sleeping more than normal
- Failure to groom
- Weak appetite
- Excessive panting
- Heart murmur
- Hemolytic anemia:
- Yellow gums
- Yellowing of whites of eyes
- Parasites (worms)
- Non-steroid anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS), such as aspirin and ibuprofen
- Hemolytic anemia, which can be due to :
- Ingestion of toxic materials
- Ingestion of pennies
- Ingestion of onions and/or acetaminophen
- Bacterial and viral infections
- Defective red blood cells
- Autoimmune disease
- Parasites of the blood
- Complete blood test (CBC)
- Packed cell volume test (PCV)
- Bone marrow aspirate
The term for a type of medication that impacts immunity, metabolism, sexual characteristics, and other such elements of a living thing
The removal and destruction of red blood cells
A condition of the blood in which normal red blood cell counts or hemoglobin are lacking.
Term used to imply that a situation or condition is more severe than usual; also used to refer to a disease having run a short course or come on suddenly.
a) inhaling b) getting out fluid or gas by the act of sucking.