10 Tips for a Happy and Healthy Kitten
6. When you first bring your kitten home, it’s a good idea to keep your kitten in the same room with the litter box for a few days so that it may get used to it. Kittens don’t need much in the way of training. Often, just knowing where the box is is enough of an incentive to use it; cats naturally prefer to bury their waste.
7. Keep a close eye on your kitten. They’re small, curious, and can get into trouble. It is all too easy for a small animal to get caught between furniture and appliances, fall into a toilet, or be stepped on. Until it learns self safety, you will be your kitten's best line of defense.
8. Take your kitten for a checkup and all appropriate immunizations.
9. Getting your kitten spayed or neutered makes for a healthier and happier cat, and thus a happier you. Fixed cats don’t go into heat or get pregnant and are less likely to get into fights or spray urine. Neutering is usually done around six months, but most younger kittens handle this small surgery very well, and can have it done anytime after two months, but your vet will be the best judge of this. Make the appointment in advance, based on your vet's advice.
10. Play with your kitten. A piece of string, crumpled paper, or a toy from pet store -- almost anything can be a toy. Kittens (and cats) love to play. The bond you begin now, through play and unconditional love, will be unshakable for many years to come.
Love your kitten and treat it well. Soon, your kitten will grow into a beautiful, faithful, and loving cat.
Image: Helga Weber / via Flickr
The act of feeding animals with a range or pasture
Share this page
Top 5 Tips for a Healthy Cat
Keeping your cat healthy, groomed, and well fed is important. Take a look at these...
Tackling the Odor from Kitty's Indoor '...
Is your cat peeing around the house? Grab a sponge, use some of these commercial...