- Labrador Retriever: Dedicated, outdoorsy, loyal, and generally a good person to be around. Shops at REI. Drives a Subaru.
- Chihuahua: May bite. The dog too.
- Mutt: Dedicated, outdoorsy, loyal, and generally a good person to be around. Prefers beer over wine. Buys Old Navy dog toys, but also shops at REI. Drives a Subaru.
- Miniature Poodle: Usually owned by a sweet, old, white-haired person.
- Golden Retriever: Family oriented and generally a good person to be around. Has two or three human babies.
- Yorkshire Terrier: Likes to carry a YSL or Gucci purse, often with their pet in it. Enjoys the high life. Drinks wine, not beer.
- Terrier: Potential to be a loyal, family-oriented person. Can be snarky and have an east-coast attitude.
- Rottweiler: Bad ass. Loyal. Protective. Doesn’t want to be screwed with.
- Greyhound: Kind, mild mannered. Has neurotic tendencies. Gentle. Laid back. Drinks bottled water. Often looks like the dog.
- Bernese Mountain: Financially secure. Educated. Shops at REI, Best Buy, and Nordstroms.
- Beagle: Family oriented. High tolerance level for baying.
- Miniature Schnauzer: Family oriented. Owned by older adults. Shops at LL Bean and Lands’ End. Drives a Volvo.
- Maltese: Either wants to have a child or have grandchildren. Loves to nurture and carry loved ones in arms. Very well dressed. Likes pink bows.
What? Don’t believe me? What do you think? Does your breed represent you?
And yes, I purposely skipped stereotyping us American pit bull terrier dog owners. But as a veterinary student once said to me: "Dr. Lee … you look just like your dog."
Dr. Justine Lee