A Veterinarian's Ten Commandments for Pet Owners
- Thou shalt follow the directions the veterinarian has offered and indicate thy unwillingness or inability to do so (when applicable).
- Thou shalt not commit the sin of silence. Asking questions will get thee further than speechlessness.
- Thou shalt research thy pet’s condition upon its discovery.
- Thou shalt not call the veterinary staff with absurd questions or demands to speak to the veterinarian for no decent reason.
- Thou shalt not insult other waiting room occupants (unless they deserve it).
- Thou shalt inform the veterinary staff of the “messes” made by thy pet.
- Thou shalt not arrive late for thy appointment (or fail to call if cancellation becomes necessary).
- Thou shalt always explain thy pet’s condition quickly and accurately, free of extraneous information and consistent with thy co-owner’s.
- Thou shalt honor the front desk staff with thy kindness.
- Thou shalt not abscond on thy bill.
Feel free to add your own commandment(s) in the comments.
Image: Jaromir Chalabala / Shutterstock