The veterinarian will test the infected bird, and diagnose the bacteria causing the infection. The treatment will then consist of antibiotics either by food, water or injection, and relieving the stress of the infected bird. The bird's environment needs to be thoroughly cleansed, as well.
The following are a list of precautions which should help prevent bacterial disease in your bird.
- Quarantine any new bird
- Do not overcrowd birds
- Avoid creating stressful environments
- Keep the bird's living area well ventilated
- Provide a nutritionally balanced diet
- Store feed hygienically
- Regularly disinfect cage, utensils and nest boxes
- Maintain regular veterniary visits for your bird
Term used to indicate something that involves birds.