Q. Mine a rescue dog. Had her few months. Just had 1st siesure. Oleander, meds, ate painted wood scraps, just bathed her with flea shampoo? Idk wat 2 do
DR. CHRISTIE LONG, D.V.M., C.V.A.
A. If you're saying that your dog has been eating oleander, you should know that this plant is poisonous and will produce many signs, including gastrointestinal upset, cardiac arrhythmias, tremors, weakness, and possible seizures. If enough has been ingested it can lead to comas and death. Please seek veterinary care immediately. It's very possible that the seizure is related to the oleander ingestion.