Q. My puppy ate a aloe vera plant and is now sick what can I do
DR. CHRISTIE LONG, D.V.M., C.V.A.
A. Aloe plant ingestion can cause GI upset. If significant amounts were ingested it can cause muscle tremors and kidney disease. Within an hour of ingestion your vet may be able to successfully induce vomiting and then give activated charcoal to absorb the plant's chemical in the gut. If not and the vomiting and diarrhea continues your puppy needs to be treated by a vet in order to stop them and replace fluid loss.