Q. I believe my cat ingested wet mortar. There are paw prints where the mortar is and I'm afraid he licked them chean. Should I be very concerned.
DR. CHRISTIE LONG, D.V.M., C.V.A.
A. It's unlikely that there's anything toxic in wet cement, however if enough is ingested (again, I think that's unlikely just from grooming) it's possible that you may see some GI signs. Monitor him for reluctance to eat, vomiting, and/or diarrhea and visit your vet if you see any of those signs. Wash his paws if you haven't done so already and keep him away from the area with the wet cement.