Q. My dog ate individually wrapped cookies including the plastic. He is acting normal. Should I take him in or just monitor for now
DAVID ELBEZE, DVM, MRCVS
A. It really depends how many cookies and wraps he ate, if he ate a lot and these cookies contained chocolate as well, i would strongly advise taking him to the vet in order for him to get an injection that will induce vomiting immediately.
If he only ate a couple, without any chocolate in it, i would advise monitoring his appetite, vomiting and diarrhea (it could be normal if has those 1-2 times but not more). if he doesn't seem himself take him to the vet, otherwise the plastic papers will probably pass in the poo.
A. If the ingestion was recent (within the past 30-45 minutes), have him seen by your vet. Vomiting can be induced at the clinic to bring up the cookies and wrappers. If it has been more than 2 hours, monitor for vomiting, diarrhea, lethargy, loss of appetite or abdominal pain.