Q. Dog injected decon rat poison aprox 1 month ago vet did blood work and gave antibiotics the dog has got worse ,will not eat,lack off movement in rear
DR. ANDREA M. BRODIE, DVM
A. The treatment for decon ingestion is not antibiotics, so you may be mixing up treatment or disease. Some decon preparations like bromethalin attack the nervous system so this could be a sequel to such an ingestion. You need to go back to your vet with your dog so he can determine if those problems are from the rodenticide ingestion or another cause..