Q. 16lb dog eat a baked sheet cookie had semi sweet chips been over 4 hour no tremours no diarrhea no voimiting laying around like normal
DR. ANDREA M. BRODIE, DVM
A. Chocolate is toxic for dogs. As with all toxins, the dosage makes the difference.... Did your dog just eat one cookie or the whole sheet of cookies? After 4 hours it would now be too late to induce vomiting. Continue to monitor your dog for the following signs and if any appear, do see a vet immediately (or take him to a Pet ER):
Elevated heart rate
Hypertension (elevated blood pressure)
Abnormal heart rhythms
Hyperthermia (elevated body temperature)
The less sweet the chocolate and the darker, the more toxic it is. The toxins are theobromine, methylxanthines and caffeine.
Again, if your dog shows any of the above signs, please take him to a vet or ER. Bring the chips-wrapper with you so the vet can assess the quantity of toxic substance ingested.