Q. My dog had a green block of rat poisen in her mouth as soon as she picked it up I got it from her. I immediately washed her mouth out with water.
DR. ANDREA M. BRODIE, DVM
A. If you are sure that she did not eat another block of rodenticide before you saw her with this block, then you should not have to worry. However, if you are not sure, then take her to a Pet ER please, where they can induce vomiting,
If rat poison is seen in the vomitus, they can give medications to prevent your dog from getting sick. However, bring the box from which the rat poison came , so the vet can treat accordingly.