Q. Dog licked some hair bleach on my head (frosting my hair) and swallowed it, I immediately cleaned out his mouth and gave him water. Anything else????!
A. Keep an eye on him for signs of stomach upset, vomiting diarrhea and his tongue for signs of blistering and feed him an extra meal to help absorb and move anything through. With what small amount he got and your quick action (good job!) I suspect he'll be okay. If he does start getting sick, get him in to your vet or emergency clinic right away.
The Kansas State University Veterinary Teaching Hospital offers a FREE 24-hour poison control hotline for pet and animal guardians as well as veterinarians. The vet teaching hospital asks for your patience when you call, as the person answering the phone may need to take a few minutes to consult with the vet on duty.
Pets they can help with: All pets
Hotline hours: 24-hours a day, FREE to call
ASPCA PET POISONING FREE APP available for Android and iPhone.