Q. My 40 lb boxer/pitbull/ lab mix ate a 12 oz bag of semisweet chocolate chips has vomiting and diarrhea do I need to take him in?
A. Sorry, my answer got messed up, but basically, yes, take him to the vet immediately.
A. Chocolate is a toxin that will affect your pet's nervous system and can cause seizures and death. It depends on the size of your pet and the amount and concentration of chocolate he consumed. Make sure to take the package with you so you can let your veterinarian know what they're dealing with. They will do an exam, bloodwork and possibly an ECG to see if the heart is having any arrhythmias.
If it has been less than two hours since ingestion, you can induce vomiting by giving an oral dose of hydrogen peroxide, about 1 cc per pound. One tablespoon is about 5 cc. A turkey baster will work if you don't have a syringe. Longer than two hours and it will have already moved into the intestines.