Q. I came home and found 2 spots where my dog had vomited a leaf to my peace lily. He has never eaten it before. Should I be worried? 50lb husky
A. Peace lilies are toxic to both dogs and cats. Ingestion can cause GI upset, a burning sensation in the mouth, drooling and difficulty swallowing. Larger quantities may cause severe GI upset, rapid breathing or gasping while massive quantities will cause tremors, liver damage, kidney damage or death. If he ate one leaf, he will likely experience mild to moderate GI upset as you have seen. Monitor for lethargy, drooling, loss of appetite or a change in thirst and urination. See your vet for an exam and bloodwork to monitor liver and kidney function if indicated.