Q. My 8 month old german Shepherdjust ate a tub of margarine while we left her in the kitchen alone. Is there anything I should look for or worry about?
A. It is likely that she will develop vomiting and /or diarrhea. If she develops abdominal pain, discomfort and if she is vomiting you should contact your vets without delay. As such, margarine is not toxic to dogs but when ingested in large amounts it can produce gastrointestinal upset and even pancreatitis (as your dog is still a puppy it is unlikely that she will get pancreatitis).