Q. Dog is nibbling metal zipper and necklace
JESSICA L DESROSIERS
A. If your dog is attempting to eat these objects it is best to take them away ASAP to prevent accidental ingestion and potential blockage from ingesting those items. If he is hesitant to let go of the items, you can "trade" them by offering a tasty treat or piece of food such as boiled chicken or turkey to get him to drop the objects and take the treat instead. Be sure to keep these items out of reach to prevent ingestion. If he is nibbling items you are wearing, taking them off, or telling him Ouch! (as if it were your skin) and then directing him to an appropriate treat or chew toy is best.
If he has already ingested these items, or is showing signs of illness such as vomiting, diarrhea, loss of appetite or lethargy, then it is best to schedule an appointment with your local veterinarian to determine if the objects were eaten and to provide medical care.