Q. My greate dane is 8 years old and she ate 3 1/2 peaces of chocolate pop tarts
JESSICA L DESROSIERS
A. If your dog has ingested a large amount of chocolate (darker chocolate is usually more toxic), it is best to contact your veterinarian immediately to see if it is safe to induce vomiting or if your dog will need to be seen for care. Your dog may also experience some digestive upset from eating the very rich food such as vomiting or diarrhea and may also benefit from a bland diet of boiled rice and chicken for a day or so.