Q. I have a Pitbull fully grown and she has ate a swiss roll. Will she get poisoned or sick?
A. I can't see any poisonous ingredients within the standard swiss roll recipe. I assume she is quite a big girl, she might get a bit of gastro-intestinal upset or if the swiss roll was large and high in sugar content she might get a bit dehydrated because of the sugar component, if too rich in fat there is the risk of pancreatitis too. I would not worry too much at this stage, I would not feed her within the next 8 hours but just make sure she has got plenty of water available. If she should start to be lethargic, or more than 1-2 episodes of vomiting and diarrhoea, I would recommend a check up. If no problems seen after the 8 hirs, offer he a bland diet of plain white meat and rice, for the next 2-3 meals then gradually reintroduce her normal diet.